What to Look For In A Cosmetic Dentist?
When you smile at someone, it usually prompts that person to smile right back. But what if your teeth are cracked, chipped, missing, and/or discolored? It is doubtful that you will feel like smiling in the first place.
Now, with the help of cosmetic dentistry, you can make your smile shine like that of a celebrity!
The popularity of cosmetic dentistry really began to take notice with its growth in the celebrity market; and some of the most requested cosmetic dental treatments today include:
- Porcelain veneers
- Teeth whitening
- Dental bonding (composite bonding)
- Dental implants
- Tooth contouring and re-shaping
With the notable advance in smile enhancement technology, nearly everyone can undergo a smile makeover. Yet, the power of the perfect smile comes with a price tag. If you are going to spend lavishly on cosmetic dental work, it is important that you know what to look for in a cosmetic dentist.
Some of the questions to find answers to during the initial consultation with an oral care provider are:
- Has he or she received a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) from the General Dental Council (GDC) in a particular branch of dentistry (meaning that he or she can be referred to as a "specialist")?
- Did he or she graduate from an accredited dental school approved by the American Dental Association (ADA)?
- s he or she board certified? (You can verify accreditation by visiting the ADA Web site: www.ada.org)
- Does he or she have privileges in a hospital setting and/or in private practice?
Before scheduling an initial consultation with a cosmetic dentist, be sure to evaluate your goals and expectations with the particular procedure you desire. During consultation, a qualified cosmetic dentist can help you decide which solution will suit your needs.
On iEnhance.com, we make your search for an oral care professional as simple as possible. Just browse through our directory to locate a dentist in your area...and achieve the smile you have always wanted!