Healthy Hair at any Age
An At-Home Guide To Healthy Hair...At Any Age
Fine, thick, course, wavy, curly—human hair is as diverse as can be. The way we wear, color, and care for our hair is an important personal choice, and it affects our total appearance. In fact, most women agree that when their hair looks good, they feel wonderful.
Luckily, there are many well-proven, inexpensive steps we can follow, at-home, on behalf of our locks to keep them looking great. Here are a few from notable salon owner and style consultant to Clairol, Jacob Neal:
- Eat foods that contain essential fatty acids—especially olive oil and fish.
- Always use covered hair bands to create ponytails and always shift the placement of ponytails from day to day—especially those placed high on the head. Ponytails, by their nature, tug on the hair and cause breakage.
- Comb hair in the shower immediately after applying conditioner since hair is three times weaker when it's wet. Look for products with the latest technology such as new-to-the-market Clairol Renewal 5x Conditioner, which conditions, loosens tangles, and features an advanced strengthening system that actually makes the hair up to five times stronger. Always apply conditioner to the ends first and work your way up, not the other way around. Conditioner is rarely needed on the scalp area anyway, and tends to weigh hair down.
- If you color your hair, use a gentle hair color. Clairol Hydrience is incredibly gentle because it features a deep-moisturizing color formula that protects hair during the process. It's also important to always use the after-treatment that comes in the box—it's specially formulated to work with freshly colored hair. The one from Hydrience envelopes each hair strand with a unique silicone system that seals in rich, radiant color from the inside out and leaves your hair touchably soft and silky.
- Pre-soak hair before shampoo. Lack of time prevents many people from following this vital step, but it only takes another second or two to ensure that hair is saturated before shampooing. Thoroughly wet hair helps the shampoo lather better, allowing for more thorough cleansing and requiring the use of less product, as well. Also, don't forget to rinse twice to make sure you remove all of the shampoo residue.
- When blow-drying hair, hold the dryer at least six inches from the head to prevent overexposure to heat. A good tip: while blow-drying, use fingers to loosen your hair, and if your fingers get too hot, back up a little. The hair concentration nozzle that comes with most blow-dryers is also helpful because it places the dryer (and its super-hot coils) further from the scalp and hair.
If you follow these few practical day-to-day tips, your hair can look healthy, strong and beautiful at any age.
This article provided by www.healthnewsdigest.com