Breast Reduction to Alleviate Pain
Women who have difficulty finding clothing that fits or who have refrained from participating in their favorite athletic events due to having overly-large breasts, often opt for a breast reduction. These women commonly experience extreme neck, back, and shoulder pain.
If your breasts are too large and they are causing you physical discomfort and pain while stopping you from leading an active life, breast reduction surgery can help to alleviate this problem, as well as provide a more symmetrical appearance. To see the difference this procedure has made in a patient's life, please view our breast reduction pictures.
During a breast reduction, excess fat, skin, and tissue are removed from the breast region, and the areola (skin surrounding the nipple) is raised on the breast. The remaining skin is moved up and the plastic surgeon will contour the breasts and stitch the skin together. Often times, a breast reduction is paired up with a breast lift for optimal reshaping results.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), breast reduction is a good option if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- You don't smoke
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity
- You experience back, neck, and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin
How much does breast reduction cost?
The total fees will add up to more than $5,000, so if you decide that you want to undergo breast reduction surgery, now may be a great time to start a financial plan should your insurance not cover the procedure. For your convenience, iEnhance.com offers information about patient financing.
To reduce the possibilities of risks and side effects from resulting, be sure to follow your doctor''s instructions both before and after plastic surgery to guarantee a safe breast reduction recovery.